Coe initiates disbursement of Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund 奖助金
科伊学院将于5月15日开始发放通过高等教育紧急救援基金(HEERF)提供的学生援助赠款, 2020. HEERF was authorized by Congress as part of the Coronavirus Aid, 救济和经济安全法案.
HEERF紧急财政援助赠款将用于与新型冠状病毒肺炎导致校园运营中断相关的具体费用, 可能包括食物, 住房, 课程材料, 技术, 保健和儿童保健. HEERF funds will not be applied to college debts, charges, fees or other amounts owed to Coe. 符合资格获得HEERF助学金的学生将收到来自财政资助办公室的申请，该申请将发送到他们的校园邮箱.
The college received $762,824 in HEERF funds to be issued directly to eligible students who must:
- Have expenses related to the disruption of on-campus services due to 新型冠状病毒肺炎
- 你是一个.S. 公民或合格的非公民
The Coronavirus Aid 救济和经济安全法案 includes two portions of funding related to higher education:
- 高等教育紧急救济基金 provides emergency funding to higher education institutions for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations. Coe applied for these funds to assist with the costs of the business interruption associated with 新型冠状病毒肺炎. We have not received these funds yet but have applied and expect to receive them in the next 30 days.
- 关怀法案的第二部分 为学生提供经济支持. We received notification this week that we now have access to this funding. We are working through the process to determine who is eligible and will access these funds as soon as this is completed. To be eligible for this assistance, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate expenses related to the disruption of on campus services, such as the requirement to move off campus and adjustments to distance learning.
- Have submitted the 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The methodology used for student selection was structured using eligibility determined by the Department of Education. 来自FAFSA的估计家庭贡献(EFC)以及入学状况和学生住房数据被用于创建三个资格组.
Group 1 — Moved off campus during the spring term and demonstrated high financial need.
Group 2 — Moved off campus during the spring term and demonstrated some financial need.
Group 3 — 招收ed at Coe during the spring, May or summer term.
Students in Groups 1 and 2 were sent an email that contained a link to a CARES Emergency Grant form. 那些证实自己因学院中断服务而产生费用的学生，将获得最高600美元的现金补助. Instructions and guidance were provided on the form. 第三组的学生须申请援助，并填写一份“关怀紧急经济援助申请”，才可获考虑资助. 如果第1组和第2组的符合条件的学生在他们最初的CARES Emergency Grant表格上表明他们的开支超过600美元，就会向他们发送申请的电子链接. 被确认为合格但尚未完成表格的学生将收到Coe学院学生金融服务办公室的定期电子邮件提醒.
The Federal Trade Commission has issued a warning to students about phishing emails being received regarding CARES funding. Students should not provide personal information like their social security number or bank account information. Updates to personal information should only be made through my.coe or by contacting the Coe College Office of 学生金融服务.
The below information outlines the sequence of events surrounding securing these funds.
4.9.20 | Secretary DeVos from the Department of Education (DOE) announced that funding was available for emergency 奖助金 to students. Limited guidance was provided on how this funding can be used and difficulties accessing the proper grant application through 奖助金.政府 是遇到了.
4.14.20 | 爱荷华独立学院和大学(IAICU)每周都会与爱荷华所有首席财务官(cfo)进行电话交谈，讨论这个方案以及如何分配和申请资金.
4.20.20 | Coe applied for the student portion of the Emergency 金融援助 Grants and signed the Certification and Agreement.
4.21.20 | IAICU weekly phone call with all Iowa CFOs discussed the package and how to properly disburse to students.
4.21.20 | DOE provided guidance on how to disburse funds to students.
4.21.20 | Coe’s 金融援助 and 业务办公室s met to discuss the communication and direction from the DOE and the IAICU.
4.25.20 | G5,美国.S. Department of Education’s Grants Management System, provided notification of funds available to Coe. 收到的资金数额为762美元,824 and will be used to provide Emergency 金融援助 Grants to students.
4.27.20 | Coe’s 业务办公室 met to review the G5 website and learn how to draw funds from the site.
4.28.20 | IAICU weekly phone call with all Iowa CFOs discussed the package and scheduled how to disburse to students.
5.1.20 | Coe’s 业务办公室 will meet to discuss the process of disbursement. Direction from the DOE requires that the funds be used within one year of availability (by April 23, 2021).
5.11.20 | Eligibility and disbursement amount determined for first round of student emergency 奖助金.
5.12.20 | 524 students notified of eligibility of up to $600 in Emergency Grants for expenses related to 新型冠状病毒肺炎.
5.13.20 | Students returned applications sent via email by the 金融援助 office
5.15.20 | First round of Emergency Grants disbursed to 169 students totaling $96,704
5.15.20 | 268 students notified of eligibility of up to $500 in Emergency Grants for expenses related to 新型冠状病毒肺炎
5.25.20 | Two rounds of Emergency Grants in total have been disbursed to 307 students totaling $194,745.
7.9.20 | Nine rounds of Emergency Grants in total have been disbursed to 581 students totaling $444,150.
8.23.20 | Twelve rounds of Emergency Grants in total have been disbursed to 645 students totaling $504,659.
10.7.20 | Eighteen rounds of Emergency Grants in total have been disbursed to 648 students totaling $578,899.
11.21.20 | Twenty-four rounds of Emergency Grants in total have been disbursed to 921 students totaling $725,424.
1.13.21 | Twenty-five rounds of Emergency Grants in total have been disbursed to 921 students totaling $725,924.
1.17.21 |其余未拨付的赠款资金36美元,900 were added to the supplemental funding provided by CRRSAA for distribution.
Business Operation Support: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
4.23.20 | Coe College applied for the institutional portion of the funds, 到4月28日还没有得到资助的项目. These funds are to be used to offset the costs associated with the disruption of campus services such as 住房, 餐厅, 学术项目成本和IT相关影响.
4.28.20 | IAICU weekly phone call with all Iowa CFOs discussed the funding package and how the funds can be applied. 决定寻求进一步的方向.
5.1.20 | Coe的业务办公室将开会讨论将收到的资金的时间表，以帮助抵消产生的重大业务中断成本.
5.6.20 G5，美国.S. Department of Education's Grants Management System, provided notification of funds available to Coe. 收到的资金数额为762美元,823 and will be used to offset costs related to refunds made to students for 住房, 食品和停车费.
The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA)
1月17日, 2021, 教育部通知海洋之神，通过高等教育紧急救济基金提供2美元的补充资金,234,501 would be available to the college through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA). 在接下来的几周里，能源部发布了指导意见，以帮助高等教育机构合理使用资金，确定拨款金额和资格.
CRRSAA includes two portions of funding related to higher education:
- The student portion of the award, set by the DOE, is $762,824. 未花的$36,900 is remaining in CARES funds and can now be distributed under the new CRRSAA rules. 学生助学金可以用于学生就读费用的任何组成部分，也可以用于学费等因冠状病毒引起的紧急费用, 食物, 住房, healthcare (including mental health care) or child care. CRRSAA基金允许向学生的账户申请助学金，只要学生肯定地选择使用这种支付方式. International and DACA students are ineligible to receive 奖助金 from these funds. Awards do need to be prioritized for students with exceptional need. 科计划向学生提供799724美元的助学金.
- The institutional portion of the award was $1,471,677. Report for institutional HEERF funds for the quarter ending 3.31.2021
All funds must be spent within a year of notification of the availability of funds.
- 1.08.21 | Email sent to students informing them Coe had been notified of the second round of relief for higher education institutions. The Department of Education had not yet released guidance on distribution or eligibility requirements.
- 1.17.21 学校收到通知762美元,824 was available to be issued to eligible students to offset the cost of attendance. 其余未支付的赠款资金36美元,在CRRSAA提供的补充资金中加入了来自CARES的900美元，使学生的助学金总额达到799美元,724.
- 3.12.21 向学生发送邮件，通知他们HEERF第二轮赠款已经准备好支付，将于2021年3月19日开始分发.
- 3.17.21 | First round of CRRSAA funds were disbursed to 713 full-time students in the amount of $675 for a total of $481,275.
- 3.24.21 | Second round of CRRSAA funds were disbursed to 505 full-time students in the amount of $625 for a total of $315,625. In addition, 14 part-time students received $200 奖助金 totaling $2,800.
- Year-to-date the college has disbursed 1,232 奖助金 totaling $799,700 to students.
- 4.20.21 | Voided five emergency 奖助金 issued to students in the amount of $500 each that remained uncashed from CARES funding. Total amount that remains to be distributed in emergency 奖助金 is $2,124.
5月11日, 2021, Coe College was notified by the Department of Education (DOE) that funds in the amount of $3,955,753将通过美国救援计划(ARP)法案的高等教育紧急救援基金(HEERF)提供，以支持学生和机构. 教育部收到了一份签署的确认书，保证科科打算将收到的资金的不少于50%用于向学生提供紧急财政援助赠款.
ARPA includes two portions of funding related to higher education:
1. The student portion of the award, set by the DOE, was $1,977,877. 就像CARES和CRRSAA奖一样, 学生助学金可以用于学生就读费用的任何组成部分，也可以用于学费等因冠状病毒引起的紧急费用, 食物, 住房, healthcare (including mental health care) or child care. ARPA基金允许向学生账户申请赠款，只要学生肯定选择这种支付方式.
International and DACA students are eligible to receive 奖助金 from these funds. The ARP requires that institutions prioritize students with exceptional need, such as students who receive Pell Grants or undergraduates with extraordinary financial circumstances. 佩尔资格之外, 优先考虑特殊需求的方法包括那些可能有资格获得其他联邦或州基于需求的援助或面临重大意外开支的学生, 比如失业, 减少收入, 或者食物和住房不安全.
来自CARES和CRRSAA的剩余资金2美元,124 will be added to the ARPA funds for a total of $1,980,001份发放予合资格学生.
2. The institutional portion of the award was $1,977,876. This award has two new requirements which are to use a portion of the funds to implement practices to monitor and suppress coronavirus in accordance with public health guidelines; and, 直接联系因家庭成员或独立学生失业而获得经济援助调整机会的经济援助申请人.
All funds must be spent within a year of notification of the availability of funds.
- 7.27.2021 | 向第一轮合格学生发送电子邮件，通知他们第三轮HEERF赠款已经准备好支付，并将于2021年8月16日开始分发.
- 8.18.2021 | First round of ARPA funds were disbursed to 722 students for a total of $1,063,250.
- 9.06.2021 | 向第二轮合格学生发送电子邮件，通知他们HEERF III已准备好支付，并将于2021年9月13日开始.
- 9.15.2021 | Two rounds of Emergency Grants in total have been disbursed to 1,101 students totaling $1,658,250.
- 9.22.2021 | Three rounds of Emergency Grants in total have been disbursed to 1,122个学生，共计1美元,692,500.
- 12.31.2021 | Six rounds of Emergency Grants in total have been disbursed to 1,176 students totaling $1,741,250.
- 3.31.2022 | Seven rounds of Emergency Grants in total have been disbursed to 1,191 students totaling $1,974,125.
- 6.30.2022 | Eight rounds of Emergency Grants in total have been disbursed to 1,182名学生，共计1美元,975,950. Included in these numbers are 13 voided uncashed 奖助金 that have been added back and redistributed to students.
- 7.11.2022 | 00185400 _Q22022_HEERF到6的链接.30.2022年季度报告
- 7.10.2021 | 链接到6.30.2021 Quarterly Report for Institutional HEERF funds
- 8.06.2021 | Ten students received emergency financial aid 奖助金 in the amount of $10,598.39来帮助抵消他们的出勤费用.
- 9.09.2021 给所有归国的学生发了一封电子邮件, 接受经济资助的人士, 如果他们的家庭经济状况因近期失业或其他情况而改变，而这些情况可能没有准确地反映在他们的FAFSA上，他们将有机会完成特殊情况上诉.
- 9.29.2021 给所有新生发了一封电子邮件, 接受经济资助的人士, 如果他们的家庭经济状况因近期失业或其他情况而改变，而这些情况可能没有准确地反映在他们的FAFSA上，他们将有机会完成特殊情况上诉.
- 10.10.2021 | 链接到9.30.2021 Quarterly Report for Institutional HEERF funds
- 12.13.2021 | 链接到12.31.2021 Quarterly Report for Institutional HEERF funds